2008-09-07

Customizing MOSS 2007 My Sites within the enterprise

Modifying the private My Site is where things begin to work differently. In SPS 2003, a site administrator could go into his or her private site, edit the home page in Shared mode, and save their changes. This would update the layout and web parts for all My Site users, so everyone’s private site would have the same layout and web parts. In MOSS 2007, this is no longer possible – there are a number of more powerful customization tools than what SPS 2003 had, but some tasks such as customizing all private sites have unfortunately become a bit more difficult. So, how can you customize the private My Sites in MOSS 2007?

http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/22/customizing-moss-2007-my-sites-within-the-enterprise.aspx#8926088

No comments: